COMMUNITY SERVICE AWARDS
The Montrose Community Foundation realizes that positive community growth occurs through the dedication of civic-minded individuals stepping forth.
The Foundation has long sponsored an annual Community Service Award where a deserving individual is honored for his or her volunteer work. The honoree receives a $1000 grant in September to be given to the charity of his or her choice.
Past Community Service Award winners include:
- 1998 Wall Itson (MHS Band)
- 1999 Mary and Frank Koenig (Sharing Ministries)
- 2000 Mike Hepp (Boy Scouts)
- 2001 Dr. Mary Vader (Dream Catchers Riding Program)
- 2002 Dennis Vanderwist, Robin Berndt and Kit Johnson (Skate Park)
- 2003 Tom Griepentrop (Shavano Project)
- 2004 Curt Robinson (Foundation Service)
- 2005 Sandy Head (Community Service)
- 2006 Francie Smiles (Community Service/Cancer Center)
- 2007 Paul Eller (Montrose Meth. Coalition)
- 2008 Frank Leonard (Sharing Ministries)
- 2009 Judy Kittson (Black Canyon Boys & Girls Club)
- 2010 Ross Turner (Montrose Stadium Project)
- 2011 Jim Branscome
- 2012 Carrol Parker
- 2013 Jim Kerschner (Welcome Home Montrose)
- 2014 Barbara Bynum
- 2015 Dee Coram and Phuong Nguyen
The Foundation expanded this program in 2009 to include quarterly recognition of deserving individuals through the “Community Service Spotlight.” The work of the individual will be recognized in the local media through the Foundation’s “Imagine Ad”. The $1000 grant award winner may be chosen from the individuals honored throughout the year. To nominate an individual, fill out the nomination form below with specific reasons why this person is deserving of the award. Thanks for submitting a nomination!
All nominees will receive a letter of thanks from the Montrose Community Foundation for their service to our community.