Celebrate National Freedom Day by showing our military families and veterans how much we appreciate them. Below are a few ideas on what we can do to show our appreciation.
- Wear yellow to show your support.
- Say “Thank You,” write a note to a member of the military or a veteran and tell them what freedom means to you.
- Send a care package overseas – Support Our Troops or Operation Gratitude are two organizations that can show you how
- Adopt a Soldier – Find out how.
- Donate to a local military organization – Welcome Home Alliance for Veterans, Disabled American Veterans (DAV), and the Veterans of Foreign Affairs (VFW) are just a few organizations who can use your support.